Friday, February 02, 2007

The Plague

It seems that whenever I actually have things to update my blog with, something comes along and smacks me down. This week? The plague. Seriously. Well, okay, maybe not so seriously, but it's a good enough description for me.

It seems that my body decided that this was the week that my antibody defenses needed to come crashing down for my once-a-year craptacular sickness. On the menu this time? Strep throat with a dash of sinus infection just to be on the safe side of things.

So I've spent the last three days in a haze of craptacularness, a trip to the doctor, oodles of pseudo-sleeping (which means I really didn't sleep at all just tried to and ended up cat-napping in 15-minutes increments over an 8-hour period), and sweet antibiotics to make everything all better. And tonight I'm going to take a nice sleeping pill so that I can actually, you know, REST and perhaps feel better by the time it comes to get back to work on Monday.

Thankfully, this fulfils my body's requisite sickness for the next year so all should be good to go in a few days. As much as I hate being sick, I'm very glad I do get sick so infrequently. It could be worse, as they say.

So I'm going back to bed now, and will hopefully wake up feeling less like someone has taken a bicycle pump to my head and a brillo pad to my throat and more like a normal human being. Eccanacia tea for everyone!

1 comment:

Danyele said...

Hope you feel better soon Sarah