Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Diary of the Disgruntled

Between last week and this week, it's been downright crappy. It's a combination of general malaise along with some family drama that could rival what gets shown on Jerry Springer. Add into that a nice dash of work stupidity and there you have it! A serious case of the blahs.

To wit:
  • I have to move my office. A year and a half ago, they moved me from the main building into this smaller building because they "didn't have space in the main building." Now, they are moving me BACK into the main building - the same room even! - because "they need my space for program people." Nevermind that the main building had empty cubicles the whole time I was gone. It's an exercise in futility, I tell you.
  • Because of Ehn Ehm See Eye, I am not allowed to move my computer myself. And because I was scheduled to have a tech come out yesterday at 3 p.m. and move my computer (oh, but not the monitor! It's not one of our pieces of equipment!), I have moved most of my physical stuff over there. Who didn't show up yesterday? That would be the tech. We are now sitting at 24+ hours late for the appointment. We are fuming.
  • I will be sharing a cubicle for the first time in, well, ever. This is really disconcerting to me. I like my space. I like to not have someone breathing down my neck in my space. My new cubemate is actually a lovely person and I'm sure we'll get along fine, but I just hate the idea of sharing my space. Plus, I am messy and will have to shape up my act. Ugh.
  • I ended up dumping my motorcycle in soft sand while looking for Thing One and Thing Two on Sunday. Since I had been riding on the pavement, I wasn't wearing my usual offroad gear and my shin got banged up by the foot peg because I didn't have my boots on. Ow. And hello bruise! So nice to see you!
  • Two of my dogs are right pissing me off. The Aussie Shepherd and Cattle Dog have discovered that, hey! My legs? They are vaguely spring like. And the fence? We can just jump right on over it! Because those nasty Labradors that belong to Stupid Neighbor? They are encroaching on our territory and We! Must! Defend! But how do we get back over? Ooooooo! I'll just howl over here until the humans come out and get me. Stupid twits.
  • Thing Two has developed an annoying habit of glossing over the instructions for her homework. This leads her to make silly mistakes. When said mistakes are pointed out by me and she is told to fix them, she bursts into tears. This makes my blood pressure skyrocket and just want to scream at her. I am having to take mommy time-outs to get myself under control. But I totally lost my shit on her last night because it kept happening over and over and over again. I am a horrible mommy. Crap.
  • A silly Auntie who doesn't know how to keep important information from a disreputable family member who is not trusted for various and assorted reasons. Information that had been kept confidential for a very long time and has caused much consternation amongst family members now that we know that he has it. Worry wart city, here we come!

At least there is a couple pieces of glitter amongst all the ick. The office move that I am dreading will get me away from Annoying Cow-worker that always 1) asks me how to do the same task (copying and pasting from Excel into Word) over and over and over and over again, 2) cannot stop himself from exclaiming "Boy is it quiet in here!" because obviously he needs it to be very loud for it to be a real workplace and 3) has an obsessive need to keep track of where everybody is and keep his fingers on whether or not people should be taking vacation or actually have leave. I am soooo happy that I will not have to deal with his crap on a daily basis. It's the only thing that I have to look forward to at this point.

I know that it will all get better, but I had to whine somewhere. Getting it out is good for the soul, eh?

No comments: