Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I fit into WHAT?

I am in that lovely inbetween stage. The one where I have to buy clothing to fit the larger parts of my body instead of the smaller parts. The reason for this? Excess skin. Ugh. This has led to much aggravation in shopping and made me just flat-out give up until such time as a lovely scalpel can take care of the problem (hopefully soon! Eeee!). I mean, who wants to buy something that's two sizes too big for your chest because it's what you need to keep your upper arms happy? Gah. Frustration abounds.

But there have been some happy lights in the clothing department, I have to say. If I use a body shaper, I comfortably fit into a size 12 skirt. Yes, a 12. One size smaller than my goal size. Not too bad if I say so myself. And once I get rid of this excess stomach, I will be fitting these things without the body shaper in an even smaller size, and who can complain about that, right?

Getting into the size 12 was, of course, accompanied by the usual mind-fuck that those of us who have lost a lot of weight go through. I mean, I can't possibly fit into that. Come on. You're kidding me. WHAT? It FITS! Huzzah, etc., etc. and accompanied by trying on every size from 18 down to the final 12. It is coming easier as more time goes on, thankfully. I would hate to be doing this same spiel over and over and over again for the rest of my life. It gets tiring to say the least, and mentally exhausting, having to beat myself up every time I go shopping.

Time, however, hasn't stopped the comments from coming. Now that I have moved back into the main building, my visibility level has gone WAY up. The time I was over in the trailer encompassed all of my weight loss up to this time, so to some people they are shocked at seeing literally half of the me that they expected to see. And once again, the explanations of how I lost it all are being trotted out. It's nice that everybody here has seen several other people go through WLS, so they are not condemning at all and have only seen successes, and not failures with which to nag me. I feel very lucky to be in a culture that is as understanding and supportive as this one and was a big part of my decision to do this. I knew that I would have built-in support both in the "been there, done that" kind and in the "we've seen what this can do - good for you for doing this!"

The downside of moving back into the main building, however, is the overabundance of treats everywhere one looks - including the community candy dish located right. In. My. Cube. Gahhh! Just keep drowing "hunger pangs" with Crystal Light is my mantra. If I'm not hungry, I won't eat. We'll see how long that lasts, however.

Eh, this is why I got the DS, right? Occasional treat and all that. Just not all the time. Must remember. Jerky is my friend!

1 comment:

Dagny said...

I can barely ever leave the ladies room at the office without turning sideways to the great big mirror and reminding myself once again, Yeah my butt really IS that flat!
Dagny