Saturday, January 20, 2007

Six month update

Eighty-five pounds down, eighty to go. Not too bad for six months of good eating, tons of protein and gallons of water, eh?

I am finally at the point where NONE of my size 26 pants can stay on my body without a belt. No belt, and they fall down around my knees within a few steps. It's quite amusing, actually. But I'm still wearing them because they're nearly new and still pretty. And that I can't really find anything in the thrift stores, and I'm not paying full price for something I'm just going to grow out of anyway. But a size 20 non-stretch jean fits just perfectly, which is quite awesome so far as I'm concerned.

Size eighteen shirts fit a little bit tight in some cases, but mostly fine in others. I'm still wearing my other shirts, but luckily I can take them in on the seams so they aren't so baggy and they'll look nice.

Other than my hemorrhagic cyst, I've really had no complications at all. I have trouble sometimes getting in the right amount of water, but so long as I cart it around with me all day long, I remember to get it in properly.

I have yet to pick up my lab results (yeah, yeah, I have to find the time) and my six month update is scheduled Feb. 15 with Dr. K to go over them. At least I'll go into it prepared and we'll see what the game plan is if something is off-kilter.

Anyway, I'm still singing the praises of the DS. I love this life. Eating less, eating healthier, eating RIGHT. Let's make it stick, why don't we?

1 comment:

Dagny said...

Thrift store jeans from the men's side got me through the rapidly-changing times! It's a very fun problem to have!