Monday, May 21, 2007

The Monday Morning Mish-Mash

Or, how Sarah has so many things going round in her little head it's hard to squeeze them all out in one cohesive and logical bundle, thus having to resort to a bulleted list.

  • I cannot even begin to tell you the delight that I am currently experiencing knowing that Mr. Fred "Son, the Ruskies don't take a dump without a plan" Thompson is throwing his hat into the ring for the Republican nomination for president. I am totally squeeing over this. And I don't squee much over politics these days because it's just too damn depressing. Finally, someone I can actually vote for and not feel like I'm "settling" for the lesser of two evils! The Husband and I were wistfully wishing for this only a few months ago and by God he's done it! Hooray!

  • A huge congratulations goes out to my friend A who had her DS last week. I'm so sorry that I forgot the date because I would have been there at the hospital for you, but call me any time for anything, okay? I'm so happy for you! *mmmwah!*

  • Smog checks suck right out loud. That is all.

  • It's been 10 months since my DS. And I am honestly starting to forget when the anniversary is. Just two months ago, it was an all-important day to see where I was at, how far I'd come, how much I'd lost, etc. Now, I forget the 19th is even an important day. It's because I'm happy, no, strike that - ecstatic - with me where I'm at right now and know that if it never changes I will still be very happy with my results.

  • Yes, I know that the scale hasn't moved in about a month. But considering in that month I have lost TWO INCHES from my waist alone, I will totally rejoice over that. I now have a fucking 38-inch waist, people. Smaller than The Husband's! Holy crap! Can you imagine how much smaller it would be if I corseted on a daily basis? Hmmmm. Maybe I should make me an underbust corset. Hmmmmm. Possibilities, possibilities.

  • It's time to re-design the sheep pen. I MUST have separate stalls for lambing season next year. Chasing the babies around the pen is dangerous for them and I can't stand it anymore. Too damn frustrating. Thank goodness I have a teen-aged boy for hire who will be helping me with it.

  • And speaking of the sheep, I must get off my ass and find either a shearer or buy a set of sheep shears myself. It's gotten too hot too quick and I wouldn't want that wool coat on me.

  • I am running out of patience with the Australian Shepherd. I have to find some way to calm her behavior down because it's affecting the other dogs and in a bad way. She needs to realize that she's not the alpha. I am the alpha female, whether she likes it or not. I'm tired of her riling up the perfectly well-behaved Queensland Heeler and Akita. Nevermind the torment she visits on the Mini-Doxie. I'll either find the answer to this myself, or I'll find a good trainer. She may be a puppy still, but she will learn to behave, by God.

  • School is almost out for the girls. At last Thing One will be set free from the torment of a demented teacher. Having to put up with his nit-picking has driven us all to the point of insanity. I mean, have you ever had a teacher insist that you use a straight-edge to draw the lines in division problems? I can understand for graphing and other line problems, but for division? Yeah, that would be him. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Between that and her new hormones (puberty is hitting her hard - name that movie!) it's been a tough year for her and we just want her out of that situation.

Well, that's life in a nutshell around here. I'm vowing (yet again!) to post more often. Hopefully I'll stick to it, eh?

No comments: