Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Still alive. Slightly kicking. Or is that twitching?

Sweet mother of God. We will never do this again. Between a slight panic that we wouldn't have our officiant for this weekend (he has had a neck surgery postponed several times now and it almost happened this week but has now been bumped to next week), and all the usual last-minute scrambling to make sure everything is done, I'm exhausted.

We have a Costco run to make tomorrow, my mother and BIL's family arrive tomorrow, my father isn't going to make it, The Husband's parents and oldest sister arrive Friday, and I still have to call my children's school to let them know that they won't be there on Friday. I have an RV to clean, beds to make, floors to vacuum, a dress to bustle and beads to add to, a vest to make if I find the time, nails to get done, a church to decorate and a partridge in a pear tree.

In the end, we'll all have fun. Then we'll send everybody away and The Husband and I will escape to Las Vegas. In a hot tub. With lots of alcoholic drinks. And slot machines and roulette wheels. And hot stone massages. Live! Nude! Girls! Oh! And shopping! My kind of a vacation!

And to end it all? I get to go 170+ miles per hour at Las Vegas Speedway. Holy cow! And wheeee!

See y'all around this time next week!

1 comment:

Danyele said...

Congratulations again and have a fabulous time - can't wait to see the pics!