Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The 501 Blues

Sunday we're getting ready to go to church, and I decide that it's about high time that I actually, you know, tuck my shirt into my jeans. A simple concept, true, but one that I haven't done in nigh a decade because you have to hide the fat somehow, right?

I tuck my shirt in, and look at myself in the mirror. I grouse that I'm not going to bother because the jeans that I'm wearing are too baggy at the moment and they "need to be tighter."

The Husband looks at me quizzically. Says "Take those things off. I'll be right back."

So I do. And he comes back into the bathroom. With his jeans. Size 36 waist Levis. 501s.

"Put these on."

Holy shit. They fit!

So yeah, my shirt stayed tucked in for once, and we hit Mervyns after church to pick me up my first ever pair of Levis that I have owned.

Life is good.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the levi's unfortunately I do not currently own one single pair :( Come fall I will get a new pair!!

Doesn't that feel great

Danyele said...

That's fabulous! How do they look in the booty area? I'm desperately trying to find some jeans that make my flat Irish ass look somewhat rounded and appealing. After so many years shopping only at Lane Bryant and the like, I just have no idea. Help!

arielfreak said...

amazing what a simple pair of good fitting denim can do, huh? Congrats!

Micehelly said...

How awesome! I am waiting until closer to fall to spend some money on decent jeans, i.e. not Wal Mart jeans.

Incredible Me said...

What a wonderful feeling!


Congrats!