Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Watch Out World!

'Cause I've got a motorcycle permit and I'm going to use it. Eeeeeee!

Yes, I passed my test yesterday. Perfect score. Yessss! So now it's on to the safety class, which luckily for me is going to be free for me because our Navy Base requires that all who are going to ride motorcycles on base must take a safety course and then repeat it every two years to continue riding on base. And since they require it, according to state law, THEY have to pay for it. Whoo-hooo! Hopefully I'll get in the one next month. Then I can start riding to work. Just in time for the cold weather to hit. Blargh. Oh well. That's what cold weather gear is for, right?

Now that Thing One and Thing Two are in public school, I get the lovely pleasure of fundraisers. Yes, that's right. The bane of every parent's existance. Because now they don't allow the children to go door-to-door like they did in my time, nooooo! Because there are all those nasty, evil people out there. Nevermind that they were out there when I was a kid, but that's besides the point. *sigh* We're so paranoid now.

Anyway, Thing One has to raise money for her choir trip to Disneyland. She has to raise $100 (or we/she has to pay the rest) in order to go. But since we live out in the boondocks, and really have no neighbors to speak of (except for the child molesters that I may have mentioned before), guess who gets to do the actual selling. Riiiight! Mom and Dad. Feh.

Look, I did my time. I stood for hours on end outside our local supermarket hawking World's Finest Chocolate Bars. I went door to door selling them as well, and the magazine subscriptions too. For YEARS. I had a cute spiel down. I smiled. I asked graciously. Totally unlike any of the snots you see now-a-days - which is one of the reasons why I've stopped buying World's Finest Chocolate Bars.

But now I'm groveling with my co-workers: Please! PLEASE! Buyyyyy this stuff for my chiiiilllddd! They MADE me do it! FORGIVE ME! I HATE MYSELF! *sob* So, whatcha gonna get?

Tomorrow it goes with The Husband to HIS work. Let's see how well he fares with this. There's a couple people he has to "get back" because they constantly hound him to buy Girl Scout cookies for their kids. And he always does.

Turn about is fair play, right? Pony up, suckers!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Vroom, Vroom....have fun! I am scared to death of riding but look good on the back!