Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, lookee there! I can finally see it!

Guess what, Internet? No seriously. Just guess.

I'm smaller. And I can TOTALLY see it! Eeeeeeee!

Today was the first day that I looked at my naked body (more specifically my torso) and could actually tell that yes, this surgery is working and I am actually really and truly losing weight and it hasn't been a gremlin in my scale's computer fooling me with the numbers showing up there after all. Hot damn!

Previous to this, I could see my face slimming down. Whoopee. It does that all the time when I lose a few pounds. I started getting happy when my calves were noticeably smaller as well. Yay.

But for the torso? My god-awful midsection with the two rolls of blubber? It was never, EVER going to come off there, and I was doomed to be Violet Beauregard-ish - post Wonka gum but pre squeezing, all tiny legs and arms sticking out of this continually rotund middle. Oh, and minus the blueberry skin tone as well.

Nevermind that my weight jumped back up two pounds and has stayed there for over a week. The inches are coming off and it shows. My biggest pair of jeans now need a belt to stay on me and not fall off as I walk down the street.

I think I could actually get used to this.

3 comments:

Deluzy said...

You GO, girlfriend!

Congratulations -- and imagine it: belt as Necessary Item to Hold Up Pants as opposed to Item You Wish They Made Big Enough for You.

Way to go, Sarah!

Dagny said...

Oh girl, the fun's just starting!!!

Dagny

Danyele said...

Cool! When are we gonna see some pics??