Thursday, June 22, 2006

Maybe I'm just a moron, but . . .

I honestly don't get the behavior and rationale of some people. I really and truly don't. Because frankly, it just doesn't make sense.

Maybe this has something to do with my lack of a sensitivity gene that I mentioned back here when I ranted about females and friendship and there expectations thereof. Maybe it's because I am in a committed relationship and we got over these petty little differences in styles of communication a very long time ago (although not without many tears and bruised knuckles and dented wall studs). Because I'm talking about a female and about a relationship this person is having. Or apparently is not.

This female in my life has been blathering on to all and sundry about this relationship they have been having. She is a divorcee, has lost a lot of weight, has a good job, good friends, struggles with the basic insecurities of life like every single one of us. All is good, right?

Well, not for her.

Her beau is a busy kind of guy. Always on travel and such, which is to be expected in the profession he is in. So, because of his being as honestly busy as he is, he doesn't always call or talk with or see her in a fairly regular manner. But it's not like he's seeing anybody else, either.

Now, I can understand being upset that there isn't as much regular communication going on at the moment. But that's something that could be easily recified, now don't you think? I mean, all you do is say, "Hey! I'd like at least a call or an e-mail or an IM at least every two or three days." I mean, most men actually need to be told this or else they do forget that things like lines of communication need to be kept open and all that sort of jazz. That's not so hard, now is it?

But apparently it is for this female. She likes to angst over EVERYTHING. And we can't get her to shut up about it. I mean, it's like the Overshare person on the blog I link to on the right. You can't get her to be quiet about it! Since it is all-enveloping to her, obviously it is all-important to us, right? Right?

Um, that would be a no.

So, instead of just telling the guy that she would like more regular contact, she decides on a deadline for him to contact her. But get this. SHE DOESN'T TELL HIM ABOUT THE DEADLINE.

And, of course, he doesn't make contact before the deadline. Because he doesn't even know about it.

What does she do in response to him not making his unknown-about-dealine? She blocks every form of communication that they have together. E-mail, IM, MySpace, phone (both home and cell). She can't block the work phone or e-mail, however - the gummint kinda frowns on that - but she can just delete the messages or not pick up the phone if she sees caller ID, I suppose. And then she begins to "mourn" the loss of this guy by moping around the office and blathering in our ears about all of this.

All because her beau didn't make a deal-breaking deadline to contact her that he didn't even know about. And to top it all off, I would lay dollars to doughnuts that he is currently on travel and probably incommunicado at this time as well.

This, my friends, is the reason why men think women are so flighty and basically insipid and stupid even though we are really not. Women like this give women like me a bad name. So freaking cut it out already!

No comments: