Monday, July 24, 2006

Holy crap. I'm alive!

But I think the DS operation did more than just take out 80 percent of my stomach. It like totally took all my higher rationality functions. I can't use my brain for two minutes without intense exhaustion taking me over. Crimmeney!

Anyway, all is well. Well, as well as trial and error can be. I've found the things that make me puke, and the things that tingle my tastebuds. And everything - EVERYTHING - makes me burp. Enough with the burping, already! Aaargh!

I got out of the hospital on Saturday. They wanted to keep me another day, but between myself and the other girl that was there with me having the surgery, we managed to bludgeon the doc into letting us go. I mean, we were beyond ready to go. It was like being in prison.

And then there was Carmen. *sigh* I know that there are people out there who have had Carmen as their CNA and I'm sure they loved her to death. I was not one of them. First of all, she has such a thick Spanish accent and broken English that I couldn't freaking understand her half the time. And she was trying to mother-hen me. That doesn't fly. I don't even allow my husband to mother-hen me. Get the fuck away from me and let me figure this out on my own, okay? Geeze! I have a brain, you know? Don't treat me like an infant. In fact, why don't you get transfered to the pediatric unit? Because you would be perfect there. I can't think of a better person to take care of the babies. Because that's what I was to her. A baby. And thank the Lord above I only had to deal with her twice. But once was more than enough, you know?

Anyway, I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I have this horrible tendancy to drift off in the middle of things. I'll try to update every now and again on how this whole thing is going when I have the energy for it.

Oh, and note to self. Don't have major surgery in the middle of a heat wave. It really sucks. Really, really sucks.

I'm going to try and watch Hell's Kitchen now. See what kind of torment Ramsey can hand out to the little minions he's trying to whip into shape. Should be interest . . . Zzzzzzzzzzz.

5 comments:

JUST JEN said...

Welcome home, Sarah! It's good to see you back!

ShirleyValentine said...

Hi Sarah!
I am so glad to see you are home and felt like posting. I am glad everything went well except for Carmen and the heat wave! I am taking my Dad's fan with me to the hospital on Friday!
Be sure to get as much rest as you can and walk when you can. You will feel like a million bucks in no time!
Susan

Dagny said...

Alright Sistah, start bringin' down the median weight of the Ring! So glad to get the good news, you're back home in one piece!

Deluzy said...

My brain didn't work for 5 weeks. This is a Bad Thing for a college professor -- but I had 6 weeks off :lol:.

I think Carmen was away when I had my DS in December -- but I did go off on one of the CNAs who chattered too much and never stopped to LISTEN!

So glad you're recovering nicely. Keep posting and blogging your experience -- you'll be really glad later that you kept a record of the experience in writing.

Danyele said...

So glad you're home and doing well.. stay cool where you - it's so hot up here and no a/c!!