Monday, July 17, 2006

Sayonara and Thanks for All the Fish!

Well, this will be my last post for probably about a week. If all goes well, I should be able to report back by this time next week. The Husband will be letting one of my local friends know what's going on and she will be reporting to the OH Duodenal Switch board. Hopefully the news will spread from there.

With the recent loss of Nancy, of course I'm a little bit on the nervous side. But I do have confidence in the expertise of my surgeon and in the overall condition of my health. I also have God-given confidence that I am doing the right thing. I should end up just fine in the end. Except I will finally have a "cure" for my mixed-up digestive system. Through the miracle of surgery, I will have a new "set-point" for my metabolism that will help me be a healthier person.

I can't wait for this new life to start.

4 comments:

Danyele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danyele said...

I'll be thinking of you Sarah and sending out lots of love and positive energy. Looking forward to hearing all about the start of your new life with DS!

Dagny said...

Oh my gosh IT'S TIME! It snuck up on me! I'm going to be anxiously awaiting news!

I thought of you yesterday in the Orlando Airport. The Universal Studios store is filled with "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" tee shirts.

ShirleyValentine said...

Sarah,
I just read Jennifer's post on OH that you are doing well. Congratulations and hold on to your ass for the wild ride you have just jumped on!
I am right behind you next Friday.
I can't wait for you to get home and post.
Take Care!
Susan