Monday, July 17, 2006

Two days to go!

Well, after a successful weekend of distracting the family from what happens this week (actually, I think it was The Husband trying to distract himself more than anything else), I find myself on the first day of the liquid diet to prepare myself for my Duodenal Switch surgery on Wednesday morning.

The Farewell to Food Tour has been quite interesting, to say the least. Twice The Husband and I have had Lou Malnati's pizzas overnighted to us. For a total of eight pizzas. Wow. I guess we like them, eh? I have gorged myself at Red Robin, Marie Callendars, Olive Garden, IHOP and other assorted chain restauraunts that make good, carb-filled pablum for the masses. Damn, it's been good these last couple of weeks. My only regret is that my favorite German restauraunt is no longer in business so that I could have some of their excellent Bockwurst and fried potatoes. That, my friends, was pure bliss! Mmmmmm!

And guess what? I haven't gained a single pound. Hee! :::grin:::

So, we'll see if the liquid diet brings my weight down any before I hit the table. Thankfully my doctor only has us do two days of this and then the bowel prep the night before. Others aren't so lucky and have to spend two freaking weeks eating next to nothing, or that silly Optifast stuff.

Breakfast today was Isopure Zero Carb Island Punch mixed with Fruit Punch Crystal Light. Not bad at all. Pretty tasty, actually. Fifty grams of protein. Should make up for the ginormous chocolate shake that I'm planning on having for lunch. Hee!

2 comments:

Deluzy said...

I'm thinking of you, Sarah, now, through surgery, and in the days after. You'll be in good hands, I promise!

JUST JEN said...

I'm excited for you! The liquid diet isn't as hard as it seems--and anything you lose now you'll never have to see again!