Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Damn the gremlins in the box!

Well, hello! It took a week longer than I anticipated to get back up online, but here we are! Brand new computer, upgraded satelite Internet and all that jazz. Whew!

I know that some of you were worried about me considering that I had this oh-my-god awful stinky stuff coming out of me and I was worried about infection. Well, ummm, it wasn't the huge problem my mind had made it out to be. Turns out that what I thought was *me* stinking actually turned out to be the maxi pad. I went to grab one on Saturday and lo and behold, the smell! It wasn't me! Halleluia!

My poor husband felt so bad. He just grabbed a box of ones that had odor neutralizers and it turns out that since my nose can smell a gnat farting (tm Dee), that neutralizer was the most heinous thing in the whole world. And adding moisture of any kind just made it worse. Ooof! I am now using simply absorbant pads and the difference is AMAZING! I actually smell clean!

Anyway, I went to see Dr. K yesterday for my one-month followup. I have lost a total of 30 pounds in 25 days. Holy cats! And today I currently weigh 282. I haven't been this weight for about a year and a half and I was at this weight for at least four years running. I actually feel normal right about now, seeing as how this was my normalcy for so long. It's a good feeling.

The only downer of the visit is that Dr. K actually enlarged the hole that I've been seeping from and pushed a ton of gauze deep down in there to wick stuff out. Owie. Gotta heal the wound properly, though. The seepage had been dwindling down so that's a good thing and now it can heal the way it needs to. But I think I'm going to be left looking like I have a bellybutton just underneath my breastbone with the way this is going to scar up. Oh well. When I get a tummy tuck, maybe it can be my new bellybutton. Hee!

Anyway, I have a funny story for y'all. Way back in May, The Husband and I started trying to refinance this dump of a house. Due to incompetence and a lot of stupid things, it took until the end of July to get the damn thing finalized. That's right. The week after my surgery, I was back home trying to get everything wrapped up for this. With morons running the game. For example, for loans regulated by the VA, you must have a termite inspection. A smart mortgage broker would have ordered one at the beginning of the process. Instead, it was ordered two days before our hopeful closing. Yeah. Two days. Real smart.

Of course, there are problems, and of course we were leaving to go somewhere so there was no real way for us to fix the problems properly, so we had to pay through the nose to get a faucet replaced. Ooof. Fifty dollars became $500.

Anyway, while the pest control guy came and was looking at the house, The Husband locked up the two big dogs - our Siberian Husky and Akita - because they could easily intimidate someone even though all they would do would be to lick them to death. But my little miniature dachshund was out and about, being her usual bouncy self and following The Husband around. As he was walking the pest control guy around, showing him the accesses and such, they remarked on the big dogs in the kennel, and why they were penned up. Then The Husband pointed at my little dog and uttered these fateful words:

"But it's THIS one that you really have to be worried about."

As if on cue, my little Jasmine turned from a sweet, tail-wagging doggie into a vicious, snarling and barking attack beast. Think Tazmanian devil come to life in a little 8-pound package of black and tan dog.

Both The Husband and the pest control guy jumped backwards, and nearly peed their pants.

The Husband was quite astounded at the transformation from angel to creature from the depths of hell, and to be honest, quite proud of the little bitch. After recovering from the shock, he called her name, and SNAP! Just like that Jasmine turned back into her normal wiggly worm doggie self, rolling over on the ground for her belly to be rubbed, and being the sweetest thing that ever walked the earth.

But that pest control guy never let her out of his sight after that. Just in case the sneak attack dog decided to take a chunk out of him.

4 comments:

Danyele said...

There's nothing more frightening than small and crazy.. LOL

Dagny said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!! 30 pounds in your first month is better than I did! You're off to a great start!

Deluzy said...

You're doing great. I think I was 25 pounds down after a month, so you're BOOKING down that scale.

I think you and I share(d) the same Weeping Incision from Hell. Hothing fazes Dr. K -- he stuck enough gauze down my underpants to wrap a mummy, I swear, and smiled at me blandly. "There!"

Gee, thanks, Doc. :)

ShirleyValentine said...

Glad you are back online and doing well.
Congratulations on the 30 pound loss! This WLS is mind boggling at times.
I hope your incision heals and you don't end up with an extra belly button!
Your dog story cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.