Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Don't Lose Anymore!

I suppose it's fitting that I just hit eight months out out this surgery and one pound away from having lost 100 pounds and have now I have received my first "Don't lose anymore! You look just fine!" comment. Wierd. Especially since I still have 50-ish pounds to go to start grazing the top of the "normal" BMI range for my height.

It's probably par for the course because I didn't pull a Star Jones about my surgery and have been open with everyone who asked how I was losing the weight. It doesn't matter to me that they know, because I'm happy with my decision. The only thing I'm uncomfortable with is that everybody has to put in their two cents about it. Water off a duck's back, right?

Like I've said before, I really would be okay right here if I didn't lose anymore. It is a good weight for me and clothes fit nicely. But why bother having surgery if I'm not going to work it for all it's worth, right?

The elusive 100 pound mark, however, is seriously pissing me off at the moment. I imagine once I forget about it I will of course jump right down there which is again, par for the course. Until then, I'll be a good girl (well, except for that bite of marshmallow egg yesterday) and push my protein and fluids. I've got some Peach Nectar I need to use up. I'll use that instead of my Crystal Lite drinks every now and again. Good stuff.

This Sunday I will be exercising my thespian muscles for the first time in a long time in a small skit at church. It's set in a gym, so I'll be on a stationary bike the whole time. Should be interesting. Let's just hope I don't get stage fright after not treading the boards for so long. NOT!

2 comments:

Danyele said...

I've been getting those comments a lot from my family. I know it's a little scary to them that I'm not the same sweet fatty that they've always known. I know it makes my sister nervous that I only wear one size larger that her - she actually told me that she doesn't know what she'll do if she becomes the "fat sister". It wasn't said out of malice.. she was just being honest. They're just going to have to deal with it. Period.

Dagny said...

Go for it girl! Get everything you deserve! It's all about YOU!!!!!
Dagny