Monday, March 12, 2007

The Good, the Bad and Everything Inbetween

So much for my resolution to post more often. Forgive me!

  • Last week we lost one of the baby lambs to tetanus - one of Chocolate Chip's enormous twins. Last year we lost three of the babies to it as well. According to the vet, it appears that we have a lot of the dormant bacteria in our soil. It's a hazard of simply being on a farm and our using of elastrator bands to dock tails and castrate the boys increases the risk of the sheep getting it. So, after trying to mega-dose the affected baby with the tetanus anti-toxin and failing, we vaccinated all the other babies and so far none of them have had a problem. It's a good thing we vaccinated them because at least one of them had started developing a stiff-legged gait which is a prime symptom that they have tetanus. From now on, the babies will get vaccinated whenever we dock/castrate in the future. I'm not playing around with this anymore. It's not fun to come out and find one of your babies lying on the ground, bleating piteously and there's nothing you can do for it because it's too late. Major suckage.

  • The Husband and I got matching tattoos on Friday celebrating our 13 years of marriage. I know it's a month before our actual anniversary, but he was so antsy over it, that we had to go and do it now. They're lovely and I'll post a photo tonight of mine. And holy hell did this one hurt! If I thought The Husband was getting hurt (he got his on his right pec), getting mine proved that he wasn't being a wussie boy about it (I got mine on my left thigh). That 3-liner hurts! But if she had used a standard 5-needle to do the lining, it just wouldn't have looked as good. I can't imagine the pain of getting single-line work done. Owieee! The tattoo on my back/neck is still unfinished but hopefully I'll take care of that on the 23rd.

  • We went shopping on Saturday for all the other fabric that I need to pull off everything for the wedding. I had a list as long as my forearm, and even though The Husband has seen me shop for fabric before, I think he was actually a little bit intimidated by the way I can march through a fabric shop and pile up the bolts of fabric that are needed. We made some good choices, even though I have now re-thought one of them and already ordered a replacement, and I think we can pull this off.

  • Started making my corset for underneath the wedding dress yesterday. I forgot how much I enjoy making these things, even though they can be a pain in the ass (grommets, I'm talking about you!). I made it a little bit small, so I'm going to have to adjust some of the seams tonight, but I think it will turn out well. I wanted to make the corset first so that I could take measurements on how to construct my dress later. Once I get it done, this will be a huge step towards making this thing a reality and will help propell me through everything else. I'm going to be sewing every night for the next month, however. It's been a while since I've done that and it will be fun to do that again. I think I need to buy a clock for that area because I lose track of time so easily when I'm sewing. I don't feel like eating dinner at 11 at night because I've lost track of time!

  • I am now two pounds away from having lost 100 pounds from my highest known weight. Hot damn! My body seems to have settled into a rhythm with the losing. I go two or so weeks maintaining the same weight. Then quickly drop three or four pounds in a few days. Then back to maintaining for two to three weeks. Then drop some more. It's a bit disappointing to not see the scale drop every week, but hello! I've lost nearly 100 pounds! I've just got to keep on keeping on. Eat that protein, drink that water, take those vitamins and all shall be well. Hopefully.

Anyway, that's me and my life for now. I'll post tonight with the picture of my tattoo and we'll go from there. Have fun this week waking up from Daylight Savings! I know that dragging myself out of bed today was terrible. I love the light in the evening, but hate the reality of the morning alarm. Aaargh.

No comments: