Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ow. . . . OW! The hell?

Yeah. Pain. My favorite thing. Not. And I've got a wierd one.

I've always been the kind of girl to actually be able to feel her eggs release. Seriously. Not every month, mind you, but often enough that I can identify the precise type of pain that this involves. It a very short, sharp pain that lingers for a tiny bit while dying away. Then, nothing. And two weeks later I get my period. Viola!

When I was on birth control, of course this particular pain went away. But the minute I was off either the BC pills or after the depo shot wore off, BAM! There it was again. I feel it more often on my left side than not for some reason.

Anyway, I felt the usual twinge last Friday. All is well and good. There is no way that little egg is getting to my uterus so life is just peachy! The pain aftershock is lasting a little bit longer than normal, but no biggie, right? Not so fast, slick!

Saturday, I start to roll myself out of bed and BLAMMO! It feels like somebody is jabbing a knife into my body right at the same place my egg release pain was at the day before. Holy crap! I collapse back onto the bed and scare the living piss out of The Husband. He immediately thinks that I've gone and given myself a hernia, but the pain gradually goes away in about two minutes, so I'm of a mind to blow it off. I just pulled a muscle wrong. Life goes on.

While life did go on, throughout the day if I twisted the right way, I would get a pain in the same area. Not as intense as the one in the morning, but still very noticeable. Ow. The Husband's getting more and more nervous. But then the pains stop and all is well.

Sunday, I got up from bed, a bit more gingerly than normal, and all was quiet in the lower pelvic region. Then, as I twisted to get into the car to go to church, again with the pain. The Husband wants to know if we should go to the ER and I'm all, "no, no, no. This is NOT an emergency. I'm not bleeding, not in constant pain. I'm fine. The end." But I do promise him that I'll make an appointment the very next day to be seen.

Throughout the day, the area is at a very dull ache level. I know it's there, but it's not terribly annoying.

Monday rolls around, and I call and get an appointment to see my PCP on Tuesday. Today. So I went in and ended up getting a pelvic exam. Just peachy. Love that KY jelly! Ew. But yeah, there is definite tenderness/pain in the area of the left ovary that is not occuring when the right one is palpated. Got to check it out.

So, tomorrow I get to go have an ultrasound. Yay me!

The moral of this story is: take a family history of ovarian cysts (mother had to have all of one ovary and 95% of the other removed because of huge cysts; sister had to have emergency surgery to remove even larger cyst), add loads and loads of estrogen being released from fat cells and stir. End result? Pain. Not fun pain.

We'll see what the ultrasound reveals. Best case scenario? This is all in my head and I just need to be medicated. Worst case scenario? Another operation. Most likely scenario? I get to go back on birth control. Joy. I got a tubal ligation so that I never had to take the damn stuff again. Grrr. They're a small part of why I got fat in the first place. But then again, slower weight loss versus pain, and possible emergency surgery. I think I'll take the damn pill and be done with it.

Hey, maybe I could get Seasonale and not have so many periods. That would be a plus! Silver linings. They lurk everywhere.

No comments: