Sunday, December 03, 2006

So, I'm never on time. Sue me.

Yeah, so, I'm not so good at posting when I say I will. What can I say? Life goes fast. I'm just trying to keep up.

Anyway, about that cute kitten story . . .

Since there was no mama cat with her nice, cozy box to keep an eye on the kitten, we had to improvise to keep the little guy safe at night. A laundry basket was way too easy to get out of. I didn't have a big enough box. But I did have a big stock pot!

Add a hot pad and some towels, and you've got a nice little cozy nest fit for a pampered kitten. It worked, and the little demon couldn't get out of it.

The Husband was not privy, however, to my ingenuity until he came in to use the bathroom. The kitten had been put in the stock pot and then the stock pot was put inside our large garden tub in the master bath. If for some reason he managed to get out of the stock pot, I figured there was no way he could make it up the slippery sides of the garden tub.

So The Husband comes in and uses the bathroom. He comes back out to where I am cooking dinner. He takes off my glasses. And then starts pushing and prodding the skin around my eyes - stretching it up and to the sides. Finally I ask him what in the sam hill he thinks he's doing?

"I'm making sure you haven't turned Oriental on me. You have a cat in a stock pot! Are you planning on having him for dinner?"

Hee! No, I have not turned "sranty-eyed" as one of my friends of Chinese descent calls it. Just being ingenious. I mean, really. What is more cute than a tiny kitten in a stock pot? Not much, let me tell you! Could YOU resist that sweet little face? Didn't think so.

We still haven't really decided if we're going to keep the little guy or not. If we do, he will more than likely be named Finster. When The Husband and I first got together, one of my cats was named Finster, but he got out one day and we were never able to find him. I miss that cat to this day. He was definitely one of the special ones. This little kitten may be able to take his place in my heart. It'll be good no matter what we decide to do. What's one more mouth to feed around here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. I've never seen anything so cute in my life ... AWWWW!!!!!!

Dagny said...

Next time put the towels and pot on top of him and send the photo to Stuff on My Cat.

Dagny