Monday, September 11, 2006

So, whaddya think?

Figured I've give the Blogger Beta a shot, and give the website a bit of a makeover, include a couple of pictures of my sheep, basically spruce the place up a bit, you know?

I suppose it'll do for now until I finish my own template. It just takes me a while because let's face it: I've only taken one HTML class in my life (let's not even talk about my BASIC class back in high school!) and my graphics aren't necessarily the best in the world at this point. However, with the new computer, I got a few photo manipulation tools that should allow me to do what I want and hopefully I'll get something I don't mind posting for the whole world to see.

I'm a bit disappointed in BB, though. I am no longer able to edit my links the way I want to (i.e. get them to launch a new window instead of redirecting this browser window) because of their little "widget" components. While it makes it easier for your average bear to move things around, it makes it hard when you want to do some of your own personalizing of things. Just one more way of the man trying to keep us down, right? Eh. I'll figure it out. In the next year or so.

And I apologize for those of you who will now be left out in the cold when commenting on my posts. Hopefully Blogger will soon fix this glitch that makes you log in as an anonymous person. Or else we'll have to just do something about this ourselves. Like stampede them or something like that. Yeah. That'll learn them!

EDIT: Okay, I had to change the template AGAIN. It wasn't allowing me to put on my WebRing link at the bottom without screwing it all up. Communists. Now let's see if I can actually put the site meter back on as well. Oof!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What kind of sheep do you have? We used to have shropshires, mostly. As for your DH and beer - those "Milwaukee goiters" are the hardest to lose!