Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Two months down, the rest of my life to go

Hot damn. Life is good with the DS. I cannot complain one little bit.

I did my official weigh-in yesterday on my anniversary and am now down to 271 for a total of 44 pounds lost since being switched. I haven't weighed this little in about 4 years. And it feels soooo good!

The Husband started listing out to me all the changes that he's noticing. He can lie next to me and put his arm over me around my rib cage and actually feel like he's completely holding me with his hand behind my back. Before, his hand would just graze the bed. My hipbones apparently are poking him again when we spoon in bed or have sex. He says the "girls" are getting smaller in certain areas (I think he's fibbing here a bit - he's just paranoid that I won't have boobs when I lose all the weight). He notices the loss in my face as well and thinks it's wonderful.

As for me, the only place that I notice the weight gone is in my face. I'm actually enjoying putting makeup on again, even though my face is in a teenage rebellion again due to all the hormones running rampant in me. He's a pimple, she's a pimple, I'm a pimple, we're a pimple, wouldn't you like to be a pimple too? Aaaaugh!

And speaking of hormones running rampant, why in the FUCK am I lactating again? I'm not talking full-on lactating, but if I squeeze the boobies/nipples in the right way, there's some colostrum that comes out. There is no way that I am pregnant, people, but this just wierds me out. It's odd when you do your breast self examination in the shower like normal and stuff that you haven't seen in seven years comes out.

I have also noticed that I am no longer galumphing around like a Snuffalupagus. I have my sashay back in my hips again, and don't make tromping noises everywhere I step. It's the little victories like this that are the best, I think. Who cares if I haven't gone down dress sizes. Having a normal gait back makes it worth waiting to see the numbers on the clothes go down. It will come in time, so I'll just be patient.

Yesterday was an odd day for food. It seemed that every five minutes I was hungry and had to do something about it. It wasn't head hunger, but full-on tummy-throttling-my-esophagus hunger. The kind that needs to be fed or Very Bad Things happen to you. Drinking water made no difference. So, I ate.

For breakfast, it was an Isopure Zero Carb Chocolate protein shake made with 16 oz of milk and one scoop of powder for around 40 grams of protein, rounded down. Add to that my vitamin, which has 10 grams of protein in it and I was already at 50 grams of protein for the day when the first hunger pangs hit. So, to assuage it, I tried some of the beef jerkey crisps Sharon turned me on to. And added in a handful of cashews for good measure. So that makes over 60 grams of protein total and it wasn't even 10 a.m.

At lunch, I had a Budget Gourmet Chicken Fettuichini with 14 grams of protein. Then for snacks, I had pastrami slices with dollups of cream cheese rolled up in them as well as a sun-dried tomato turkey breast slice with two slices of provolone cheese rolled up. Let's call that another 10 grams of protein. Total is now up to 84 grams.

Upon getting home, I had to tide myself over until dinner with about five little smokies. Another 14 grams of protein right there. And then for dinner we had sausage-stuffed mushrooms. I'll go on the light side of things and call that 8 grams of protein.

A grand total of 106 grams of protein people. And that's rounding down on things. Un. Freaking. Real.

This morning, I got on the scale, expecting to see at least a couple of pounds gain. Nope. Still 271. Then I did my morning elimination, and even after all of that (and there was a lot of it!), I STILL weighed 271.

And so far today? I just plain don't want to eat. It's going to be hard to get in my protein. I'll probably have to have another Isopure shake when I get home just to get my levels up.

What an alternate reality I'm living in. Very, very wierd. But apparently totally normal. Such a head trip!

No comments: