Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Size 8

Yup. That would be me. Well, actually 7 and a half does fit, but I think that it will be too tight for a little bit longer, so I didn't want to go there and just went with the 8.

What? Oh! It's my ring size, silly! After one too many close calls with my wedding rings, I had to take them in to be sized down because the ring keepers irritate my skin too much. I haven't been a size 8 in rings, in, well, forever. I honestly can't remember back that far, even when I was a more normal weight my fingers were always fatter than the rest of me in that regard.

While I may not fit into a size 8 jean just yet, my relatively new size 18 jeans have begun to sag and bag in the ass and thighs and my size 18/20 shirts are much looser than they were. The pounds are slinking off slowly, but the inches are moving much quicker at this point, and I suppose that's all for good. I'll take the inches gone over pounds gone any day of the week!

Since I've reached the 100+ pound loss point, I really don't feel it necessary to tell people just how much I've lost unless they're very close friends or family. So to describe the situation, I've started telling people that I've "lost a runway model." Hee! I figure that's just about right, skin and bones that most of them are.

My question for the day is this: When did you stop telling people how much you had lost and instead gave a visual reference or something else to answer their curiosity? Post a comment and let me know.

No comments: